Here's something which I wish we were documenting properly.

Briefly, there are a handful of packages which exist in the stable tree,
but which we do not distribute in binary form for licensing reasons.
A current list of these can be found in the CVS module "scripts", at
scripts/bindist/excludes.  They include gnuplot, tetex-texmf, and pdflib,
among others.

There are other packages which *are* available in binary form which
depend on these, but if you try to install them using apt-get, dselect,
or a FinkCommander binary install, you get an error message due to
the missing packages.

This needs to be explained to users.  The fact that they then need to
use "fink install foo" to install the missing package before going back
to the binary installation needs to be explained.  And the fact that
they will need the Developer Tools before running "fink install foo"
also needs to be explained.

Any takers?

  -- Dave