Hi.  I've noticed an increasing trend on the fink-users and fink-beginners
list to give advice of using "dpkg -r --force-depends" when dpkg conflicts
are encountered, and I wonder if we can find something better to suggest
to people.  I'm concerned that the routine use of --force-depends will
put a lot of people's Fink installations into an unstable state.

What about suggesting that people use apt-get instead?  Somebody here,
I forget who, pointed this out to me as a great tool: using "sudo apt-get
remove" will resolve the dependencies that are needed for a removal,
and it should hopefully work in a wide variety of situations.  Has anyone
seen situations where this leads to trouble?  (Before we start advising a
lot of users to use it!)

  -- Dave