The new fix-fink seems to work OK for me.  Since I run from unstable, I
only had 3 packages that showed up:  sodipodi, doxygen, and khacc.

Apparently there are still a few packages out that haven't made the
libpng->libpng3 transition.  I found that when i tried to rebuild khacc,
it wanted the old libpng.  I've cc'ed the maintainer.  The other two
packages didn't try to grab the old libpng, so they look to be
up-to-date.

On Mon, 2003-03-10 at 23:52, David R. Morrison wrote:
> I have updated the "fix-fink" program to help people update their libpng
> libraries.  You can find it in experimental/dmrrsn at the moment, but it
> must be used with some care right now, which is why I haven't released
> it.  If you try it out, please send me your feedback.
>
> Right now, fix-fink should report all the KDE packages as needing to be
> rebuilt, if the packages in "stable" are installed on your system.  However,
> rebuilding them won't do anything for you, and if you run fix-fink again
> it will tell you to rebuild KDE again!  (This problem will be solved
> once Ben Reed is able to move the unstable KDE packages to KDE; I won't
> be releasing the new fix-fink until then.)
>
> Here's what it does: it examines all of your libraries and executables to
> see if they link to libpng.2.dylib, and if they do, it tells you to rebuild.
> This only makes sense, by the way, if you have run "fink selfupdate-cvs"
> on March 10 or later (to make sure that the "libpng -> libpng3" updates
> are present on your system).
>
> So, if your fink is up-to-date, you can run this, but you'll have to do
> the rebuilds by hand if you have stable KDE installed.
>
>   -- Dave

Alexander K. Hansen
Associate Research Scientist, Columbia University
visiting MIT Plasma Science and Fusion Center
Levitated Dipole Experiment
175 Albany Street, NW17-219
Cambridge, MA  02139-4213