On Friday, August 29, 2003, at 04:57 PM, Peter O'Gorman wrote:

On Friday, August 29, 2003, at 11:41 PM, David R. Morrison wrote:

Hi Peter. This one should be structured as a warning to developers, not
to users (similar to the "duplicate fields" warning). In fact, there is
already a warning if you do "fink fetch foo" and foo has no MD5-sum.

Okay, thought the user might like the choice to abort installing something where the checksum was not specified in the info file.
I think so too. It is our responsibility to "educate" the user. I think that it would encourage a packager a lot more to check his/her packages if xx User said "Hey you have no checksum.. we want one, because I install nothing that has none"

-d

-- nee amata wo mitsukete soshite midoto wasrezu
   domma mi mumega itakutemo soba mi iru mo
                        zutto...zutto...zutto