Daniel Macks wrote:

It we want to go programming-language-style:

  Depends: %type_perl_version == 5.8.1 && thing-pm
  Depends: %type_nox == -nox || x11

It we want to be a bit more linguistic/thought-process oriented:

Depends: %type_perl_version = 5.8.1 ? thing-pm

Actually, I think the part that seemed most confusing to me was the whole "%type_perl_version" thing. Is it a perl hash? is it a % expansion? Is it neither? Is it a reference to some internal function, or just a token? What is the significance of "type"? It seems to be overloading the existing % stuff in a way that just feels weird to me.

Not that I really have a better suggestion, really, it's just that it makes the info files look even more busy and/or obtuse than they already do.