On Sun, Feb 15, 2004 at 12:28:20PM -0800, Ben Hines wrote:

> - Use a unified diff for patches

Cool...saves me from having to fix the validator code for /sw in .patch:)

> - patch files should be reasonable size, and all patches should be
> necessary (no accidental patching of backup files,

I'm about to add a note about using -x'*~'

> Begin forwarded message:
> > From: Ben Hines <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> >
> > - Check for hardcoded /sws in the info and patch (should be %p)

If you find any that are not caught by 'fink validate' please let us
know so the validator code can be fixed.

> > - Check dependencies, run something like this:  'dpkg -L wml |
> > xargs otool -L' will list all libraries linked to by everything in
> > that package. make sure it depends on each (didnt someone make a
> > perl script to do that?.. i think so), and make sure none are
> > BuildDependsOnly.
> > - Try to check builddepends as much as possible (can be hard to get
> > them all sometimes)

Remember that Essntial packages do not get listed in Depends, but for
essential -shlibs the -devel (or whatever other build tools) do get
listed in BuildDepends. I think many packages screw up this last bit
(probably mine included:(

> > - Let them know if they are missing fink fields, like if they have
> > a ..conf file but forgot ConfFiles: field, or are not using fields
> > like ConfigureParams:

InfoDocs and GCC are other often-overlooked fields.

dan

--
Daniel Macks
[EMAIL PROTECTED]