Geoff Hutchison wrote:

Well, I dunno. I was going from:

http://fink.sourceforge.net/pdb/package.php/openbabel

which says Justin's not the maintainer anymore?

and

http://fink.sourceforge.net/pdb/nomaintainer.php

Which lists openbabel...

I think we really need to do something about this. I don't speak php, but it should be possible to change package.php so that it displays the maintainer of the newest version, not the oldest one.

This is the second time in a few days that we had a long discussion on this list based on a misunderstanding about the maintainership of a package.

If the package database displays the latest maintainer, then the only problem that will arise is that this maintainer will get bug reports about versions that he doesn't maintain any more. But this is then a problem between this maintainer and his conscience, which IMHO is more acceptable than the present situation.