Benjamin Reed <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Jules wrote:
>
> > dyld: /usr/local/bin/TTOPOLOGY Undefined symbols:
> > __ZSt3cin
> > __ZSt4cout
> > __ZSt4endlIcSt11char_traitsIcEERSt13basic_ostreamIT_T0_ES6_
> > __ZSt4endsIcSt11char_traitsIcEERSt13basic_ostreamIT_T0_ES6_
> > __ZTTSt14basic_ifstreamIcSt11char_traitsIcEE
> > __ZTTSt14basic_ofstreamIcSt11char_traitsIcEE
> > __ZTVN10__cxxabiv117__class_type_infoE
> > __ZTVN10__cxxabiv120__si_class_type_infoE
>
> This almost always means you've linked using "gcc" instead of "g++".

I thought it meant that they were linking a C++ library which was compiled
with a different version of g++ than the one being currently used.

Folks, you cannot mix and match gcc versions between 2.95, 3.0, and 3.1
if C++ code is involved.  All of your C++ libraries and executables,
if linked together, must be compiled with the same version of gcc.
(This is a general gcc issue, and is not platform specific.)

For gcc 3.2 and beyond, the default compile-time options should be backward
compatible to 3.1.

  -- Dave