On 23.09.2004, at 11:34, Jeremy Higgs wrote:
I don't think I made it clear in my original email, but what I was attempting to also ask is if I can provide the pygtk-py23 and pygtk-py22 variants from the same package description file, but not allow the straight pygtk package to be installed? (i.e. pygtk-py22 and pygtk-py23 are valid packages, but pygtk isn't *actually* an available package)... if that makes any sense.

Yes, you can. Check out the pyserial-py.info file for an example (unstable/main/finkinfo/libs/pyserial-py.info) and compare it what you get from 'fink list pyserial'.

Chris.