Jack Howarth wrote:
Peter,
    For the features I need from gfortran, I'll need to be on the
4.1 branch. We should be testing that anyway since it is slated for
release in Sept. In any case, I am trying the following gfortran.info
at the moment...

Fink is not, in my opinion, supposed to be a test-bed for an unreleased compiler. It is easy enough to build gcc from cvs.

Peter