Jean-Louis's email address is [EMAIL PROTECTED] (two l's)

However, we are maintaining the package together, so I may pick up
the call, too. :)

Lua 5.1.1 is being reviewed by the Lua authorities, and that version
I can affect (not Lua 5.0, that is all Jean-Louis's).

New package splitting is like this (comments in lua51.info):

# Packages:
#   lua             The binary 'lua' (well, symbolic link); does not
guarantee which Lua version one gets
#                   (mainly for playing with the interpreter, and for
'package compatibility')
#   lua51-dev       Lua development headers; conflicts with any other
development versions
#   lua51-bin       The binary 'lua51' (Lua 5.1.x) interpreter, can
co-exist with other Lua versions
#   lua51-shlibs    Lua 5.1 shared libraries, can co-exist
#   lua51-sdl-bin   Same as 'lua51' but with Cocoa initialization,
allowing SDL Module to be used

I don't remember the Lua 5.0 split, but there's definately more
packages here, now. To me, this way does make sense.

"lua" (lua51-bin) is linking to the Lua sources statically, and is
still not dragging lua51-shlibs with it (and, it shouldn't...)

"lua51-dev" is the development headers, and that _does_ drag "lua51-
shlibs" with it, essentially solving your case?

We can discuss the split, and I can take you in testing Lua packaging
for the future. Would you like that? :)

-asko