On Mar 16, 2006, at 4:05 PM, Martin Costabel wrote:

If you do this to fontconfig2-dev, you will break a whole bunch of other packages that now all (build-)depend on fontconfig2-dev and freetype219.

I can remove fontconfig2-dev as well (and have done so in experimental), as x.org's is fine now, but now it has even less chance of working in Apple X11.

Maybe we need two versions of fontconfig2-dev in the end, but right now it would be easier if you made gimp2 consistently depend on freetype219, including for example changing the pango1-xft2-dev dependency to pango1-xft2-ft219-dev.

I didn't know this existed, and it seemed likely to solve the problem, but if I use it there are still two freetypes loaded (since there are two pangos loaded) and it still crashes. Very odd.

(log: http://paste.lisp.org/display/17964)