On Apr 30, 2008, at 10:46 AM, Martin Costabel wrote:

> All of these bugs can be worked around simply by supplying configure
> with the flags
>
> --x-includes=/usr/X11R6/include --x-libraries=/usr/X11R6/lib

Thanks for the tip: this works great!  I've added these flags to a
number of packages which were having trouble building under xquartz,
and I expect we'll need to add this to a number of other packages.

> In the case of imagemagick, there seems to be a logical error in
> configure: It assumes that if it finds rsvg and cairo, then there
> must also be rsvg-cairo somewhere. This is visibly not true for the
> version of rsvg which it accepts (>=2.9.0).

I agree, and I'm not too sure what can be done about it at the
moment.  Once pangocairo is released we should be all set.

   -- Dave