Am 07.02.2011 um 09:32 schrieb Martin Costabel:

> On 6/02/11 21:17, Alexander Hansen wrote:
> []
>
>> Not all users _can_ use rsync, however, due to firewalls.  We need to
>> have a selfupdate method that works over unblocked http ports (and since
>> CVS proxy support hasn't worked in a while it would be a nice change).
>
> Even then, although svn runs over https, someone (the famous "somebody"
> Max mentioned) would need to figure out how http proxies work with svn.
> And test it in real-life situations. For example, does svn respect
> http-proxy-* environment variables (not mentioned in the svnbook), or
> does the user have to modify their ~/.subversion/servers file?

 I have used Subversion through a proxy in the past (years ago already), and
never had a problem. Back then I had to modify ~/.subversion/servers (there are
easy examples provided for that in there), which was a bit annoying. Maybe that
has improved by now: Easier for the user might be if the env vars were checked.
Even better (on OS X, at least) would be if the system's proxy settings were
queried (so that when I switch my network profile, those proxy settings are not
just switched for my web browser, but also for subversion, something env vars
can't do, AFAIK).

Cheers,
Max