Dear package authors,

I would like to suggest the following to all package authors using

  Depends: fink-obsolete-packages

in an obsolete splitoff in one of their packages: Namely, please switch to using

  Depends: fink (>= 0.32)
  RuntimeDepends: fink-obsolete-packages

instead. This way, building a non-obsolete package with an obsolete splitoff
does not cause fink-obsolete-packages to be installed.

Let me illustrate this with an example: My package "wireshark" has an obsolete
splitoff "wireshark-ssl". In previous versions, whenever you updated wireshark,
it would also install fink-obsolete-packages, even though wireshark itself is
not obsolete.

In the new 1.6.6-1 release, I performed the change described above. Now,
updating wireshark does not cause fink-obsolete-packages to be installed. Only
trying to install or update the obsolete wireshark-ssl splitoff will do that.

If you have any questions about this, don't hesitate to ask me :-).

Cheers,
Max