On Mar 23, 2014, at 10:40 PM, Daniel E. Macks <dma...@netspace.org> wrote:

> Kurt Schwehr <kurtschw...@yahoo.com> said:
>>
>> Dave,
>>
>> Are you aware of this?
>> http://www.gnutls.org/security.html#GNUTLS-SA-2014-2
>> http://lwn.net/Articles/589205/
>>
>> I added a one line warning to the gnutls28.info file, but we
>> definitely need to get a new version of gnutls into fink. From the
>> summary:
>>
>> How to mitigate the attack?
>>
>> * Upgrade to the latest GnuTLS version (3.2.12 or 3.1.22), or apply
>>  the patch for=A0GnuTLS 2.12.x.
>
> We also currently have three different gnutls* library sets as of
> 10.8ish:
>
> gnutls-2.12 (2.12.20-2)
> gnutls26 (2.10.2-5)
> gnutls28 (3.0.22-2)
>
> Should we push hard to migrate from gnutls26 to...gnutls28 if possible
> but at least gnutls-2.12, and from gnutls-2.12 to gnutls28 if
> possible? Really good to get security patches in wherever possible,
> but also really good to minimize the number of old security-related
> packages at all.
>
> dan
>
> --
> Daniel Macks
> dma...@netspace.org

That sounds like the right plan to me. There is a patch available, I think, for
the 2.x series.

My experimental does have an attempt at getting gnutls28 to the latest, but I
can't keep it from finding the wrong libintl. There are also new .infos for
nettle and libtasn, but those should be proofread for policy cluelessness on my
part.

--
Dave Reiser
dbrei...@icloud.com