On Friday, March 22, 2002, at 06:00 PM, Derek Homeier wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> for some time now control-center is failing to build in my cvs
> installation,
> apparently because the gnomecc compile is missing a -L/usr/X11R6/lib:

Looks like this is settled, it seemed to be another instance of persistent
problems with ksh and libtool: whenever there exists a ksh in /bin (I have
normally copied the fink binary to that place, because we have just many
shell scripts around that expect it there), libtool keeps creating its
scripts with /bin/ksh instead of /bin/sh. Obviously the pdksh port just is
not up to that job yet, because on long builds like for gnome stuff I keep
seeing it crash with a memory fault. This sometimes also happens with very
long job scripts, where the shell actually doesn't do much, but has to
wait for some hours until the main program has finished. But this was the
first time I saw it just failing on creating a linker flag.

Cheers,
                                                        Derek