fink.conf~ is just a backup file--it doesn't get read.

Have you done a selfupdate (and I _would_ set 'SelfUpdateNoCVS' to false)
recently?  It may be that the packages you're trying to install have been
removed.

Clear the .info and .patch files out of your local tree, do a selfupdate,
and see if the same package versions are listed.
--
Alexander K. Hansen
Associate Research Scientist, Columbia University