This is puzzling to me.  I'm using the latest packages with no trouble.
Xemacs should not be using xaw3d at all.  Could one of you guys send
me your config.log (for the xemacs build)?

-Jeff

 On Wed, 29 May 2002, Alexander Hansen wrote:

> I can confirm this problem.  I just built xemacs-21.5.4-1 and I get the
> same error.
>
> --
> Alexander K. Hansen
> Associate Research Scientist, Columbia University
> Levitated Dipole Experiment
> MIT Plasma Science and Fusion Center, 175 Albany Street, NW17-219
> Cambridge, MA  02139-4213
> Phone:        617-252-1818    Fax:    208-988-4057
>
> On Tue, 28 May 2002, Stephen Anderson wrote:
>
> > I've been using xemacs (installed with fink) without much problem for some
> > time. Today I did "fink selfupdate" and "fink update-all", which updated
> > dlcompat and xemacs-sumo-pkg. And now xemacs won't run any more.
> >
> > When I try to start it, I get the message below:
> >
> > dyld: xemacs Undefined symbols:
> > XaW3dComputeTopShadowRGB
> >
> > I checked with fink, and the package "xaw3d" was not installed, so I
> > installed it, and then rebuilt xemacs, logged out and back in again. I still
> > have the same problem, though.
> >
> > Can anyone help?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > -- Steve Anderson

Jeffrey S. Whitaker         Phone  : (303)497-6313
Meteorologist               FAX    : (303)497-6449
NOAA/OAR/CDC  R/CDC1        Email  : [EMAIL PROTECTED]
325 Broadway                Web    : www.cdc.noaa.gov/~jsw
Boulder, CO, USA 80303-3328 Office : Skaggs Research Cntr 1D-124