On Fri, 27 Sep 2002, Marc Trudeau wrote:

> Thanks, Alwyn. How do I know which files are "Kernel programs"?

Possibly none of them. I think what you're looking for is kernel
extensions -- .kext packages. Apple ones should be in /System, anything
you install manually should [I think] end up under /Library. So:

   % find /Library | grep '\.kext' | more

On my system -- which aside from Fink doesn't really have any third party
software installed -- the search above turns up nothing. On the other
hand, searching the /System tree turns up lots, but be careful about doing
anything under that tree, or you could seriously mess up your computer:

   % find /System/Library | grep '\.kext' | more

At a glance, it looks like /System/Library/Extensions is the tree under
which all kernel extensions end up -- and now that I look, most but not
all of the bundles there end in the .kext extension. Poke around.

--
Chris Devers    [EMAIL PROTECTED]