I got the following response from Jordan Hubbard at Apple on Darwin OS Users list.

Kow

Begin forwarded message:

From: Jordan Hubbard <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Tue Jan 7, 2003 1:20:49 PM US/Pacific
To: Kow K <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [Fink-users] What do you guys make of this?

This was done in cooperation with the XFree86 project. The xonx project has, as far as I know, long-since been folded back into XFree86 and Torrey Lyons is an XFree86 project developer.

As far as "what's this?" is concerned, I suggest you read the README provided in the distribution - it covers everything which was added. The fink-installed packages should also work just fine.

- Jordan