Once for a while, Safari was reported, on Apples' "Discussion" area, to cause a unrecoverable damage to your home directory. So, beware of older releases of it. The most recent version downloadable now is safe.

Safari is light and fast. I like it. I also like Chimera. It's light and fast, too, and it works for bug tracker access.

Cheers,
Kow