At 10:18 AM -0800 13/3/03, D Ray wrote:
Martin Costabel wrote:
D Ray wrote:
the OS-X apps. When printing from all the X11 apps,
or
from the command line ("lp textfile"), a job is
sent

What textfile, precisely? Is this a postscript file?

A rergular flat text file with 3 lines. This is not a postscript printer, the Canon BJC-85 is an ordinary USB inkjet printer.

Dan wrote:
Dave wrote:
 When I go to the Print Center in OS-X, the
 job appears there, but the printer is "stopped"
 and the Start Jobs icon will not work. As soon as
 I delete the queued print job, I can click "Start
 Jobs" and the printer works normally again (for
 OS-X apps).

I have a Canon S450 and the same issue. :-/

Good, sounds like I'm not the only fink user with this problem..

I was not able to print from X11 until I installed Gimp-Print:

http://gimp-print.sourceforge.net/MacOSX.php3

Now I can print with the following command:

lp -d DESKJET_930C___GIMP_Print_CUPS_driver

The DESKJET.... stuff is simply the name I gave the printer in the CUPS user interface. I only have a couple X11 apps that I want to print from, but the Deskjet 935C works fine from both of them.

Good luck,
--
Kevin Horton
http://go.phpwebhosting.com/~khorton/rv8/