Just a quick feedback about the latest problems:

(1) the latest available versions of KDE and Koffice
installed without further problem.

(2) the latest version of emacs21-xaw3d also installed
(to be sure I just removed nxml-mode before the install and
reinstalled it after).

(3) Apple has posted november2004gccupdater_7k579.dmg.
I have installed it and (re)compiled gdl, octave and singular-*
without problem. So may be the troubles with XCode 1.5 are over.

Thanks to everybody

Dominique