Emacs isn't working for me after Leopard installation:

[fiddle:~] joe% which emacs
/sw/bin/emacs
[fiddle:~] joe% emacs
Fatal malloc_jumpstart() error

I followed instructions, doing a fink selfupdate and a fink reinstall
fink.  This produced no errors, and I was able to compile and install
a package (unrar) after the update. Alas, no such happines with
emacs21 (below). Suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
  Joe

======================

[fiddle:~] joe% fink rebuild emacs21
Password:
Information about 2609 packages read in 0 seconds.
The following package will be rebuilt:
  emacs21
The following additional package will be installed:
  emacsen-common
Do you want to continue? [Y/n]
Reading buildlock packages...
/sw/bin/dpkg-lockwait -i
/sw/fink/dists/stable/main/binary-darwin-i386/editors/e
macsen-common_1.4.15-5_darwin-i386.deb
(Reading database ... 9352 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to replace emacsen-common 1.4.15-5 (using
.../emacsen-common_1.4.15-5_
darwin-i386.deb) ...
emacsen-common: Handling removal of emacsen flavor emacs
emacsen-common: Handling removal of emacsen flavor emacs21
emacsen-common: purging byte-compiled files for emacs21
Unpacking replacement emacsen-common ...
Setting up emacsen-common (1.4.15-5) ...
emacsen-common: Handling install of emacsen flavor emacs
emacsen-common: Handling install of emacsen flavor emacs21
Fatal malloc_jumpstart() error

   |  Fink had a problem installing this version of Emacs because      |
   |  emacs21 couldn't be launched successfully.                       |
   |  This typically happens when the package was compiled on a        |
   |  system with an older version of Mac OS X installed. At this      |
   |  point you should try recompiling the emacs version that caused   |
   |  this error with a command like:                                  |
   |    fink rebuild <flavor>                                          |
   |  where <flavor> is a package name like `emacs21' or `emacs21-nox' |
   |  If this doesn't solve the problem, please notify the maintainer  |
   |  of the emacs package in question.                                |

emacs-package-install:
/sw/lib/emacsen-common/packages/install/emacsen-common em
acs21 emacs21 failed at /sw/lib/emacsen-common/emacs-package-install
line 30, <T
SORT> line 1.
/sw/bin/dpkg: error processing emacsen-common (--install):
  emacsen-common
### execution of /sw/bin/dpkg-lockwait failed, exit code 1
Failed: can't install package emacsen-common-1.4.15-5
[fiddle:~] joe%