At 14:31 -0400 on 2011-5-16 Alexander Hansen wrote:

 > On 5/16/11 11:48 AM, Stefan Bruda wrote:
 > >
 > > At 11:32 -0400 on 2011-5-16 Alexander Hansen wrote:
 > >  >
 > >  > > Following again the suggestions I finally get a stable (but
 > >  > > unsatisfactory) state:
 > >  > >
 > >  > >     < godel:finkinfo/utils > fink install transcodeInformation about
 > > 9934 packages read in 1 seconds.
 > >  > >     Failed: Internal error: node for libavformat52-shlibs already
 > > exists
 > >  >
 > >  > Does the suggestion in the FAQ work:
 > >  >
 > >  > http://www.finkproject.org/faq/comp-general.php?phpLang=en#node-exists
 > >
 > > Sorry for forgetting to mention this, no, it does not work.  After
 > > doing it I get:
 > >
 > >     < godel:finkinfo/utils > fink install transcode
 > >     Information about 9934 packages read in 1 seconds.
 > >     Unable to resolve version conflict on multiple dependencies, for
 > > package
 > >     libavformat52-shlibs.
 > >
 > > Stefan
 >
 > Let's try to work down the dependency chain here.  What do you get if
 > you try just to install libavformat52-shlibs?

libavformat52-shlibs and libavformat52-dev install fine, but I believe
that I found the problem while attempting to install libavformat-dev
(direct build dependency for transcode):

    < godel:finkinfo/utils > fink install libavformat-dev
    Information about 9934 packages read in 1 seconds.
    The following package will be installed or updated:
     libavformat-dev
    The following additional package will be installed:
     libavformat52-shlibs
    Do you want to continue? [Y/n]

libavformat-dev pulls libavformat52-shlibs version 0.4.20071217-8.  I
am not sure about the cause of "The following additional package will
be installed" since what happens is actually a downgrade.

Now to the task of installing transcode: The process tries to install
libavformat52-shlibs version 0.6.1-5 which conflicts with
libavformat-dev:

    The following inconsistencies found:
      Unsatisfied dependency in libpostproc-dev: libpostproc51-shlibs (=
0.4.20071217-8)
      Unsatisfied dependency in libavformat-dev: libavformat52-shlibs (=
0.4.20071217-8)

Oh yeah, I might have forgotten to mention that libpostproc features
the same problem (and that I have followed the same path for it to get
to this point).

Overall it seems that the problem is the version of libavformat-dev
and libpostproc-dev (0.4.20071217-8) which is older than the one for
the shlibs package (0.6.1-5).

As usual, should more information be needed do not hesitate to ask.

Many thanks,
Stefan

--
If it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as it
isn't, it ain't.  That's logic.  --Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking-Glass

No HTML emails and proprietary attachments please <http://bruda.ca/email.html>