On 05/16/2011 11:25 AM, Stefan Bruda wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Attempting to upgrade (and then install) transcode fails, apparently
> because of mismatched versions of libavformat52-shlibs (0.6.1-5,
> dependency) and libavformat-dev (0.4.20071217, build dependency).
> Attempting to change the build dependency to libavformat52-dev does
> not work as the headers seem to be placed in different places (and
> maybe other issues I did not get to).
>
> The same seems to happen with libpostproc51-shlibs versus
> libpostproc-dev.  Specifically:
>
>      <  godel:finkinfo/utils>  fink install transcode
>      Information about 9934 packages read in 1 seconds.
>      The following package will be installed or updated:
>       transcode
>      The following 4 additional packages will be installed:
>       libavformat-dev libavformat52-shlibs libpostproc-dev
> libpostproc51-shlibs
>      Do you want to continue? [Y/n]
>      Reading buildlock packages...
>       All buildlocks accounted for.
>
>      While trying to install:
>        libavformat-dev-0.4.20071217-8
>        libavformat52-shlibs-0.4.20071217-8
>        libpostproc-dev-0.4.20071217-8
>        libpostproc51-shlibs-0.4.20071217-8
>
>      The following inconsistencies found:
>        Unsatisfied dependency in libquicktime1: libavformat52-shlibs (>=
> 0.6.1-5)
>        Unsatisfied dependency in libquicktime1: libpostproc51-shlibs (>=
> 0.6.1-5)

The problem is in how the old ffmpeg -dev packages were created and how
the update from the old 0.4 to new 0.6 ffmpeg happened, which
unfortunately causes a lockup.  I'm working on a possible fix.  Do the
following if you want to help test it out:

save the following document to a text file:
http://paste.lisp.org/display/122039/raw

cp
/sw/fink/dists/unstable/main/finkinfo/graphics/ffmpeg-0.4.20071217.info
/sw/fink/dists/local/main/finkinfo/

cd /sw/fink/dists/local/main/finkinfo/ ; patch < FILE_SAVED_ABOVE

This should give you revision -11 for libavformat-dev and friends.  Then
try rebuilding transcode again.

Hanspeter