debian's package is tagged for the conflict and commented that the
python-dns included with linkchecker one is patched (or customized, or
*something* non-upstream-released). Probably that means it does need to
use its own rather than scrapping it and relying on the externally
packaged one, and also that we shouldn't extract the included one to
replace the externally packaged one. Instead, we'd have to move
linkchecker's into a private place and adjust the scripts that load it
to look there.

dan

On Wed, 27 Jul 2011 14:55:02 -0400, David Reiser
  wrote:
I made a quick attempt to get a version for Lion using python 2.7, but
Linkchecker 7 collides with python-dns (even if python-dns isn't needed
as a dependency anymore, it still needs to coexist with linkchecker)

> /sw/bin/dpkg: error processing
> /sw/fink/dists/local/main/binary-darwin-x86_64/linkchecker_7.0-0.9_darwin-x86_64.deb
>
> (--install):
>  trying to overwrite
> `/sw/lib/python2.7/site-packages/DNS/__init__.py', which is also in
> package python-dns-py27
> /sw/bin/dpkg-deb: subprocess paste killed by signal (Broken pipe: 13)
>  /sw/fink/dists/local/main/binary-darwin-x86_64/linkchecker_7.0-0.9_darwin-x86_64.deb
>
> Given all the work required to get packages up on 10.7, it'll
> probably be a while before someone who knows more python than I do
> gets the chance to look at the package.
> --
> David Reiser
> dbrei...@earthlink.net
>
> On Jul 27, 2011, at 2:48 PM, praveena vp wrote:
>
>       Hi,I am facing the following installation issues if I directly
> install directly using command "python setup.py install",
>
> Installed assemblers are:
> /usr/bin/../libexec/gcc/darwin/x86_64/as for architecture x86_64
>  /usr/bin/../libexec/gcc/darwin/i386/as for architecture i386
> htmllex.l:1158: fatal error: error writing to -: Broken pipe
> compilation terminated.
> lipo: can't open input file:
> /var/folders/KS/KS2O5YHeHXenZXOTJlmYLE+++TM/-Tmp-//cc8N6Je7.out (No
> such file or directory)
>  error: command 'gcc-4.2' failed with exit status 1
>
> Using Fink I am able to install without trouble linkchecker 5.2 as it
> was available with Fink Local package.
> Now, I need inputs on how to Install Linkchecher 7.0 using Fink.
>
> Thanks,
> Praveena
>
> On Wed, Jul 27, 2011 at 11:38 AM, David Reiser
> <dbrei...@earthlink.net> wrote:
>
> On Jul 27, 2011, at 2:10 PM, praveena vp wrote:
>
> Hi,
>    I can see only linkchecker version 5.2 is available with Fink
> packages. How
>    can I install linkchecker 7.0 using fink.
>    Thanks,
>
>    Praveena
>
> Do you really need it from fink? Sourceforge has a binary install for Mac:
> Download LinkChecker-7.0.dmg (13.8 MB)
>
>  --
> David Reiser
> dbrei...@earthlink.net