At 19:27 -0700 on 2012-11-27 Alexander Hansen wrote:

 > > and then an enumeration of many (all) installed packages.  I also got
 > > an "injected" directory in %p/fink/10.8/local/ (this one probably
 > > during selfupdate though I am not really sure) with the following
 > > content:
 > >
 > >     < godel:local/injected > ll -R .
 > >     .:
 > >     total 0
 > >     drwxr-xr-x 3 root wheel 102 Nov 27 20:14 finkinfo/
 > >
 > >     ./finkinfo:
 > >     total 0
 > >     drwxr-xr-x 5 root wheel 170 Nov 27 20:14 update-packages/
 > >
 > >     ./finkinfo/update-packages:
 > >     total 16
 > >     -rw-r--r-- 1 root wheel 5717 Nov 27 20:14 perl586-10.5.info
 > >     -rw-r--r-- 1 root wheel 1146 Nov 27 20:14 rman-10.5.info
 > >     -rw-r--r-- 1 root wheel  564 Nov 27 20:14 rman-10.5.patch
 > >
 > > Should I do anything in particular about this one?
 >
 > Interesting.  I'm not sure how those got there.  Those files should
 > be invisible on 10.8 in any case.

Could it be because of the 10.4 tree?  I am also syncing that--awhile
ago I brought GNOME into my 10.7 tree and I got the infos and patches
form the 10.4 tree; I kept syncing it ever after out of habit.

In any event, I got rid of the whole directory and a subsequent
selfupdate did not bring it back so I am assuming it was generated by
the reinstall instead.

Oh, I can confirm the injected directory (with the same content) on a
different machine that just went through exactly the same process.
That machine did not sync the 10.4 tree, just the 10.7/10.8.

 > > Does anybody have any idea how the new version of debianutils got in
 > > there?  This is not caused by the upgrade, I had it like this for
 > > awhile.  Is it safe to leave it as is, and if not how can I downgrade
 > > it?  In similar circumstances I would remove and then rebuild the
 > > package, but I am not allowed to remove it since it is an essential
 > > package.
 >
 > That should be safe to leave as is.  "fink install
 > debianutils-4.3.1-3" would roll you back to the version currently
 > listed for the distribution--but more than likely we'll be raising
 > that.

Very well, as long as no issues exist I will just leave things as they
are (a habit of mine, see the 10.4 tree still being synced on my
machine ;-) ).

Thanks again for the information and help.

Cheers,
Stefan

--
If it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as it
isn't, it ain't.  That's logic.  --Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking-Glass

No HTML emails and proprietary attachments please <http://bruda.ca/ascii>