I believe Alexander Hansen explained this issue, which I open a week or two
ago.  Apple claims that the old Command Line Tools may be used with Xcode 8,
and the warning is generated by fink being conservative to avoid issues that
were seen in the past when agreement between Xcode and CLTs was necessary.

His response was to both this list and fink-beginners see 14oct 11:34 AM EDT
message with subject

Re: [Fink-users] Apple claims fink giving false warning (Bug ID 28356077 -
Xcode 8 installs on El Capitan.)