Hi Bin,

Sorry for the delayed reply. I think the best way to deal with the
equation you proposed is to convert to the following form:

  \begin{equation}
  0 = a q \partial_i^2 V - a \partial \left(q \partial_i V \right) + b
\partial_i^2 q
  \end{equation}

That way, you'll have an implicit source term, a convection term and a
diffusion term.

On Wed, Oct 6, 2010 at 9:35 PM, BIN ZHANG <zhn...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, there:
>
> Is it possible to use a variable convection term rather than a constant?

I am not certain what you mean by a "variable convection term". Do you
mean a convection term with a variable coefficient? If so, the answer
is yes. The coefficient can be any vector field that changes in space
and time, but the term can not be posed to FiPy in the form you gave.

Hope the above helps.

--
Daniel Wheeler