Hi Mike,

I can confirm the leak in this code/solver system using FiPy on a Linux box.
Some details:
FiPy: 3.1-dev131-g77851ef
PyTrilinos: 12.1;(;Dev;)
PySparse: 1.1.1

I commented out the solver and preconditioner specifications, using the default
behavior when launching the script with --pysparse or --trilinos flags instead.
I also disabled garbage collection. Memory use was monitored using
memory-profiler, launching the script using
    OMP_NUM_THREADS=6 mprof run mod-fipy-dft.py --trilinos
or
    OMP_NUM_THREADS=6 mprof run mod-fipy-dft.py --pysparse

For 100 steps, the pysparse solver plateaued around 8GB, with regular spikes in
RAM consumption while solving the equations.
For 100 steps, the pytrilinos solver just keeps gobbling up  RAM -- it had
about 37GB at the last step.
Using the solver (LinearBicgstabSolver) and preconditioner
(JacobiPreconditioner) you specified for Trilinos, it's a little better,
ramping up to just 24GB after 100 steps.

Digging around a little bit, there was a patch to PyTrilinos  (for v. 12.4) in
October meant to address some memory leaks -- I'm cloning and re-building the
project now. Can you report your PyTrilinos version, please, using
    >>> from PyTrilinos import __version__ as PyTriVer
    >>> print PyTriVer

Thank you,
Trevor

Trevor Keller, Ph.D.
Materials Science and Engineering Division
100 Bureau Dr. MS 8550; Gaithersburg, MD 20899
Office: 223/A131 or (301) 975-2889