Dear all --

    I would like to withdraw my question. My blithe assertion that there
had to be a solution was naive. It turns out in going from a stream
function to a pressure formulation, my boundary conditions had become
non-local.

    Thus fipy was not giving me a solution because there was no solution --
which tends to give any solver fits. My apologies for wasted time.

Jamie