Dear all --

    I just installed fipy from the conda channel with a fresh install of
anaconda. It is based on python 2.7.14. When I run with the scipy solver it
crashes with

  File
"/home/pringle/anaconda3/envs/MYFIPYENV27/lib/python2.7/site-packages/fipy/solvers/scipy/linearLUSolver.py",
line 64, in _solve_
    permc_spec=3)
TypeError: splu() got an unexpected keyword argument 'drop_tol'

splu is loaded from scipy.sparse.linalg, and indeed it does not have the
drop_tol keyword. When I remove the drop_tol keyword, it appears to run as
intended, and produce good solutions for my problem.

However, I am not sure that is the optimal solution...

Jamie Pringle