Hi Martin,

Thanks for your response. That's strange that such a "dummy" command would
be necessary.

I was able to answer the second question myself. It is possible to
*retroactively
*change line and axis properties. For the mesh1D example I did the
following:

viewer = Viewer(vars=(phi, phi_analytical), datamin=-6.0, datamax=6.0)
ax = viewer.axes
ax.lines[-1].set_dashes((3.5,3.5,3.5,3.5))
ax.grid()
viewer.plot()

Which seemed to work quite well.

With regards to the third question, I think the terms in the general
conservation equation are explained reasonably well in the fipy docs,
except for the diffusion term. It is unclear what the exponent n and
subscript i represent and how they are related to one another. Is the
exponent an arithmetic exponent? Is i part of a sum? I had trouble
expanding the diffusion term to n>=4.

Regards,

Amine