On Thu, Nov 28, 2013 at 2:31 PM, Dimitry Sibiryakov <s...@ibphoenix.com> wrote:
> Only if database was designed this way. Properly designed databases should
> not produce
> conflicts.

Please. That's nonsense. I'm simply updating same records from more
apps. Very often at the "same" time (or better to say time window).
Given the replication is not instant, these records will have a
collision as I don't have some global monotonically increasing "stamp"
to "replay" the updates.

>    As quick as changing DNS record for new DB server to old IP address?..

In theory maybe. But as you know clients cache the DNS records, even
for a short TTL (and I'm not in charge or all these machines). That
would create a small window of downtime. I will not be allowed to do
that.

--
Jiri {x2} Cincura (x2develop.com founder)
http://blog.cincura.net/ | http://www.ID3renamer.com