Hi,
I was investigate more about record storage and I found this:
If record going to be fragmented than each part are compressed
separatly.
And when record is materialized in RAM all parts are reads and decompress
separatly.
If comprossor cannot fit in small space, than rest of space is padded
(char 0x0 is in use).

This wastage CPU and disk space.

Do anybody have a idea, why firebird did this this way?

Thanks Slavek

Ing. Slavomir Skopalik
Executive Head
Elekt Labs s.r.o.
Collection and evaluation of data from machines and laboratories
by means of system MASA (http://www.elektlabs.cz/m2demo)
Address:
Elekt Labs s.r.o.
Chaloupky 158