On 03/24/17 17:53, Vlad Khorsun wrote:

>     So far we have no agreement on what is "correct result". Current
> implementation
> changed well known old behaviour not claiming it as a bug. I'd say it looks
> like
> a bug itself.

Vlad, looking at sql2008 (part2, foundation, 11.10 - alter table
statement) one can read in <add column definition> that when new column
is added, and this is base (not generated) column, and this is not
identity column then every value in this column is it's default value.
And it's mentioned in <alter column definition> <set column default
clause> that new default value is stored in column descriptor, but
nobody mentions that it should be changed for existing records.

I.e. according to standard old (interbase origined) behavior was a bug
and current one is correct.