From: Vlad Khorsun
Sent: Friday, May 5, 2017 11:01 PM
To: firebird-devel@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Firebird-devel] Start transaction from base transaction

05.05.2017 21:10, Adriano dos Santos Fernandes wrote:
> On 05/05/2017 14:43, Dmitry Yemanov wrote:
>> 05.05.2017 20:01, Vlad Khorsun wrote:
>>> %type <uintVal> snap_shot
>>> snap_shot
>>> : SNAPSHOT
>>> + | SNAPSHOT SHARING FROM <N>
>> SNAPSHOT BASED ON <N>
>> ?
>>
> Do you think with this words it's clear that the new transaction uses
> the same snapshot used in <N>, instead of incorrectly saying that it
> will use <N> as the snapshot for the new transaction?
>
> Thinking in these terms, I'm more inclined to adapt (renaming SHARING to
> SHARED) Vlad's syntax to:
>
> SET TRANSACTION ISOLATION LEVEL SNAPSHOT SHARED FROM <N>

   For me both variants are OK :) Probably native english speakers could
offer something better and less ambiguous.

   Also, i offer to add additional rule for transaction which should export
its snapshot data (it allows to avoid export by all transactions), something
like:

   SET TRANSACTION ISOLATION LEVEL SNAPSHOT WITH SHARED SNAPSHOT

Not sure i like it :)

Regards,
Vlad

---