> Le 9 avr. 2018 à 19:35, Alex Peshkoff via Firebird-devel
> <firebird-devel@lists.sourceforge.net> a écrit :
>
> On 04/09/18 15:55, Arnaud Le-roy wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I contribute to node-firebird provider and I have question about the way to
>> retrieve blob.
>>
>> First it works well, but I think the way is not good and could cause future
>> problems (hang connection).
>>
>> An exemple a request retrieve 2000 rows with two blob columns :
>>
>> Today in the node provider, in this case :
>>
>> 1) Write on the socket 2 x 2000 op_open_blob
>> 2) Then Write 2 x 2000 op_get_segment
>>
>> On the socket we obtain that
>>
>> 1) first write => 4000 op_open_blob
>> 2) first read => obtain 4000 blob handle
>> 3) write 4000 op_get_segment
>> ….
>>
>> In some case  the fb server no accept write on this connection and no drain
>> event is emitted so maybe there is a problem in this way of doing.
>>
>> My question is, for you this way of doing is supported  ?
>>
>> The normal way for me is to get blob one by one, isn’t it ?
>
> If I understood you correctly - yes.

Can you confirm that I must do :

1) open blob
2) get all segment
3) close blob
4) … repeat sequentially one by one

Otherwise Is there a limitation on numbers blob opened (op_open_blob)
simultaneously ? It could explain why the write on the socket is blocked when
too many blob opened in simultaneous ?