14.05.2018 11:57, Alex Peshkoff via Firebird-devel wrote:
If key holder is expected to work with both types of keys secrtainly it should try to talk to client. One written only for use of non-client keys should not. Wjat a problem?

Number of combination growth as N^2 at least. Writing of separate plugins for each possible use case is... boring.

c) Key plugin is refused by application as a fake one.

It's normal error from server's POV. I'm even not sure is it good idea to notify fake plugin that it's attack was detected ;-)

  Ok, but how can application inform server that this key holder is wrong?

Return empty reply.

This empty sting will be passed to key holder which can return 1 and still be in use. I see no code in the server that would recognize empty string returned from callback as "switch to the next key holder" instruction.

--
  WBR, SD.