On 15/05/18 10:18, Alex Peshkoff via Firebird-devel wrote:
  Look how MSK time zone was changed at 2014.10.26

https://www.timeanddate.com/time/zone/russia/moscow

I think about something like this:

ID    Name    Valid from        Offset
...    MSK    2011.03.27 02:00    +4
...    MSK    2014.10.26 02:00    +3

Is it makes sence ?

Can it be instead hardcoded in the function(s), describing MSK timezone? I ask cause building a system that describes well former whims of our government appears useless - I believe they can invent something else in the future which will be out of scope of system built to describe previous solutions :-) But if we have no other way to describe MSK timezone (i.e. with random changes of offset at given moments of time) - in that case this will be required.

All post 1970 changes to offset's are logged via the TZ database and the Moscow time changes are based on the 'Russia' rule set ( which is used by several timezones! ) up until the 2014 change when Europe/Moscow diverges from the generic rule set. Many time zones use one of a sub set of generic rules where they are associated with different locations. MSK is actually used in several timezone rule sets.

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL