On 1/24/19 11:50 AM, Gabor Boros wrote:
2019. 01. 24. 8:24 keltezéssel, liviuslivius írta:
Hi.

I have thinked about oltp comparision, and i think that comparing e.g. classic vs superserver on RAM disc is wrong. Why? Because read from "disc" is as fast as read from cache. The comparision can show some problems but results must be analysed carefully.

I will execute my ISQL cases with 2.5 SS and 2.5 SC on a real HDD. We will see...

Looks like testing on HDD becomes useless from practical POV. Who is using HDDs to store real databases now?