On 06.08.2019 11:12, Jiří Činčura wrote:

And one more question - what happens if you try to access that database
using isql?
isql freezes (after sending the "connect" statement). But looks like it's a parsing error, because
first Ctrl-C gives "CON>" and second "Expected end of statement, encountered EOF".

isql expects filenames in default host's codepage (in case of windows that should be ANSI, not OEM codepage), also try to enter it as command line parameter - that will avoid dumb isql's parser

Hmm, when opening regular connection (not services), I get "Cannot transliterate
character between character sets" from server and it even does not try to touch the
filesystem. The isc_dpb_utf8_filename is included in DPB.

Sooner of all that means that there is UTF8 character which can not be represebted by ANSI codepage on the server.

BTW same happens if I use Jaybird, but maybe both me and Mark did same mistake.

Or may be incorrect bytes in filename? UTF8 208, 152 is cyrillic letter, and I hardly expect cyrillic codepage on your host.
https://www.utf8-chartable.de/unicode-utf8-table.pl?start=1024&number=128&utf8=dec