> Do we need to support Admin and non-Admin installs? Who would use a
> non-Admin install? It is a long time since I used Windows in a
> locked down corporate environment. Is requiring admin privileges a
> problem?

I don't see a use for non-Admin cases. In locked down environments it
should be possible to deliver your application with an embedded
Firebird.

On production machines, it should be a proper install, assisted by the
IT admin. And developers should also have the sufficient rights on
their machines.

I have done hundreds of Firebird installations on customer's servers
over the years and admin privileges were never a problem.

It's quite the opposite: for me, an installation that does NOT ask for
admin privileges is highly suspicious ...

Regards

Stefan

--
Stefan Heymann, Tübingen, Germany