On 28/04/2020 10:13, Tony Whyman wrote:
> I have noticed that the FB4 snapshot builds for Windows include the
> icu files icudt52.dll, etc.
>
> They probably should not be installed for Windows 10 Version 1703
> (Creators Update) onwards. Does the Windows installer make such a
> check and only install the icu files for older versions of Windows?
>
> Alternatively, does the Firebird code that loads the dll prefer the
> Windows distribution (i.e. icuuc.dll and icuin.dll) over any ICU files
> in its local folder?

I advise not to do that same thing in Windows as done in Linux, using
the OS ICU.

In Linux situation is less complex, it's a server OS. I also think it
was an incorrect thing started without notice by the distro people.

Databases (indexes) depends on ICU being the same (same sort key
version) or they need to be backed-up and restored (with gbak) to be
fully functional.

If that is done, we're starting to see a need of backup/restore of
databases once Windows is updated. Many users will have a problem with that.

Adriano