On 27-04-2020 18:09, Dmitry Yemanov wrote:
The remote protocol support was simply forgotten because nobody asked for that for years. Mea culpa, I was too busy with the replication stuff. Obviously, not so many people use the new API... and even less people use new features introduced there.

The fact it isn't in the release notes was a conscious decision, as you replied back in 2013:

"""
16.12.2013 22:01, Mark Rotteveel wrote:

> The Firebird 3 scrollable cursor hasn't been documented in the
> releasenotes. Is this an omission, or isn't it ready yet?

So far scrollable cursors are available in PSQL only. In DSQL, they're
surfaced in the new API but not implemented yet. This is why they're not
documented (and the ticket is not marked as resolved).

Dmitry
"""

Mark Rotteveel