On 27-04-2020 19:53, Pavel Cisar wrote:

I don't know if it's possible to provide such feature (even with embedded-only) in wire-protocol-based connectivity packages like JayBird or .NET Provider, but I guess if it would be doable, their maintainers would eventually implement it.

In Jaybird I consider embedded (and native) a second-class citizen. If I can't build it in the pure-java implementation, then I'm not going to support something for embedded or native, and sometimes I only implement things in the pure-java version. And the embedded/native support should be equivalent.

Currently Jaybird still uses the old API, and I have no plans to switch to the new API.

If scrollable cursors ever get surfaced in the wire protocol, I will likely only implement it for pure-java.

Mark Rotteveel