27.05.2020 14:33, Alex Peshkoff via Firebird-devel wrote:
On 2020-05-27 14:26, Vlad Khorsun wrote:
On 2020-05-26 19:16, Ivan Přenosil wrote:
Not sure where to report this one ...

When trying to work with uninitialized security database in FB4 the server will
raise error, e.g.
SQL> connect 'localhost/3333:Z:\x.fdb' USER SYSDBA PASSWORD 'masterkey';
  Statement failed, SQLSTATE = 28000
  Install incomplete, please read the Compatibility chapter in the release
notes for this version

Problem is that in Firebird 4 Release Notes there is no such chapter, it is in Firebird 3 ("Compatibility Issues / Initializing the Security Database").

We can change message text but on my mind such vital info should be present in
RN? Or may be better in quick start guide?

  In my opinion, the message should be more informative for end user,
show waht to do to fix error and refers to the documentation only in
order to get a full explanation.

If you can fit that all into 138 bytes - I have no problems.

  What about

  Arg::Gds(isc_secdb_init) << Arg::Str(plugin_name) <<
        Arg::Gds(isc_missing_data_structures);

where

isc_secdb_init is
User name is not defined, probably security database is not initialized for use by
"@1".

plugin_name is name of plugin, for ex
SRP User Manager

isc_missing_data_structures is former
Install incomplete, please read the Compatibility chapter in the release notes
for this version

It could be changed to:
To complete security database initialization, please create user using @1 or
read ...