On 20-02-2021 15:39, Vlad Khorsun wrote:
20.02.2021 14:27, Mark Rotteveel wrote:
What does SET TRANSACTION option RESTART REQUESTS do?

In the code (tra.cpp, restart_requests(...), I only see the comment:

"""
Restart all requests in the current attachment to utilize the passed transaction.
"""

This doesn't really help me understand what this does,

  Exactly as written - restart all (prepared) requests in the current attachment.
It doesn't send input params, btw.

Ok, but what does 'restarting' requests do? What are 'requests' in this context, and what are the effects of restarting them?

Does it mean that any prepared statement is re-executed? Or are active select statements re-executed and their cursors retained?

and how it's useful or supposed to be used (if ever).

  I can't explain what idea was behind this option. Probably this is the reason
of not documenting this (half-done?) feature...

That sounds scary to be honest.

Mark Rotteveel